Release date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 17:14:07 +0200
What's New in iMazing 2.17
iMazing 2.17 lays the groundwork for iMazing 3, which is scheduled for release later this year. This version includes many improvements under the hood, as well as several important new features and UI refinements.
For those wondering, iMazing 3 will be free for everyone who purchased iMazing 2 after October 2020! Stay tuned for more details on imazing.com, and check out our latest blog post.
Fixes in 2.17.6
- Fixed a rare issue preventing iMazing to launch when old versions of iTunes are installed
Improvements and Fixes in 2.17.5
- Early support for iOS 17 beta
- Device info: added more properties
- Fixed an issue preventing iMazing or Mazing Mini to launch on some system configurations
- Fixed issues with date/time informations not respecting the user-defined system formats
- iMazing CLI: added commands to change or reset a device backup location without requiring making a backup
- Various fixes and stability improvements
Fixes in 2.17.4
- Improved Apple components and drivers installation
- Fixed other rare crashes
Fixes in 2.17.3
- Fixed a startup crash on 32-bit versions of Windows
Fixes in 2.17.2
- Fixed a crash during filesystem operations
- Fixed a rare crash while analyzing spyware
Fixes in 2.17.1
- Fixed a crash when restoring a backup
Improvements and Fixes in 2.17.0
- Spyware Analyzer: implemented a new module to analyze calendars
- Spyware Analyzer: added new indicators of compromise for various stalkerware apps and the recently discovered KingSpawn spyware by Citizen Lab and Microsoft. More details here: https://github.com/DigiDNA/iMazing-Indicators-Of-Compromise
- Messages and WhatsApp: support of new Emojis introduced in iOS 16.4
- Messages and WhatsApp: exporting specific selected messages now respects the sort order
- Messages and WhatsApp: fixed a memory leak while exporting chat conversations on macOS
- WhatsApp: added support for "Disappearing messages"
- WhatsApp: added support for "Communities"
- iMazing Mini / Automatic Backups: new notification dialog to improve the user experience with the new iOS backup passcode prompt introduced by Apple in iOS 16.1 and above
- iMazing Mini / Automatic Backups: added a new option in iMazing Mini preferences / settings: Always display backup prompt notifications on top, it is enabled by default
- iMazing Mini / Automatic Backups: improved error reporting, especially when the connection with the device is lost during a backup
- Backups: improved error handling of backup locations with permission issues
- Backup Archiving: better handling of corrupted version databases
- Photos: export options are now saved for an improved user experience
- Photos: downloading photos from iCloud with Chinese Apple IDs should now work as expected
- Photos: before downloading photos or videos from iCloud, iMazing now detects if iOS Advanced Data Protection is enabled
- Photos: fixed a UI issue preventing clicking the Next button while exporting ProRes videos
- Photos: fixed an issue where photo or video meta data fields caption and description where mismatched
- Photos: improved general stability when converting photos from HEIC to JPEG and video from H.265 to H.264
- Photos: fixed a rare issue where photos converted from HEIC to JPEG became scrambled
- Photos: fixed an issue where the exported photo dimension could be different from the original when converting from HEIC to JPEG
- Music: added Play, Stop and other centralized media control keys and shortcuts for both macOS and Windows
- Music: added new column Sample Rate
- Music: added support for Comment tag when importing music tracks
- Music: added support for FLAC audio file artworks when importing music tracks
- Music: fixed incorrect values in Bit Rate column
- Music: fixed playlist display glitches on macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Music: now handles exporting tracks with filenames exceeding 255 characters on macOS
- Books: fixed an issue with some audiobooks duration were incorrectly retrieved
- Voicemail: exporting voicemail audio files to an external drive now works as expected
- Voice Memos: labels of voice memos recorded on iOS 16.3 and above are now displayed
- Notes: better support for text indentation
- Contacts: fixed an issue where importing a vCard with multiple contacts failed to import all contacts if a space character was present between them. Only the first contact was imported.
- iOS Disk Usage: fixed incorrect reported disk usage and incorrect estimated backup size, working around bugs Apple introduced with recent iOS versions
- Support for the new iPhone 14 yellow color
- Restore macOS in Recovery or DFU mode: added support for Macs with Apple M2, M2 Pro, and M2 Max CPUs
- Restore or Update iOS/iPadOS in Recovery or DFU: restricted USB Accessory mode is now properly detected on Apple Silicon desktop machines: iMac, Mac mini and Mac Studio
- Add backup location: it is now possible to add a backup location using the iMazing sidebar + button even when there is no existing backup stored in the location
- iMazing Mobile Device Installer: new, more reliable method for installing any necessary drivers iMazing needs on Windows
- iMazing Configurator: added a USB port number mapping feature, to define the port number of a given connected device; the port number mapping allows IT pros to better identify on which port devices are connected to, for a specific USB hub
- iMazing Configurator: added a new action in the Blueprint editor: Fail if activation lock is enabled ("Find My" device is On) for scenarios where devices are being refurbished
- iMazing Configurator: added a new action in the Blueprint editor: Remove configuration from backup when restoring backup for Automated Device Enrollment or other scenarios
- iMazing Configurator: added new Setup Assistant step: Safety
- iMazing Configurator: improved positions and labels of some options or actions in the Blueprint editor
- iMazing CLI: added command
v to return the iMazing CLI version
- iMazing CLI: added command
--update-mobile-device to automatically reinstall or update Apple Mobile Device and other Apple components on Windows
- iMazing CLI: removed duplicated device properties when using command
- iMazing CLI: improved operation progress messages for some operations
- EULA: end-user license agreement is now embedded in-app
- Customer Experience Program: help us improve iMazing by automatically sending anonymous usage statistics; no personal data is ever transmitted, 100% opt-in
- Improved support of Windows for ARM CPUs
- Improved performance for some backup operations
- Improved various user interface labels and translations
- Fixed other rare crashes
Fixes and Improvements in 2.16.9
- Photos: fixed errors while refreshing photos or loading photos from a backup
- Fixed other rare crashes
Fixes and Improvements in 2.16.8
- Classic iPods: on some non-iOS iPod models, all tracks were greyed out and therefore not transferrable; This issue has been fixed
- Messages and WhatsApp: errors while exporting attachments can now be ignored
- Notes: pencil written notes are now exported in their highest quality; The background of the exported image will also be always white instead of transparent
- Contacts: custom contact details are now displayed properly (Windows)
- Music: in the media browser, fixed incorrect width for Title, Artist and Album columns: please note your media browser view settings will be reset (macOS)
- iMazing CLI: now supports sending commands to devices in Recovery or DFU mode to update or reinstall iOS. See new command
- Fixed some rare crashes
Fixes and Improvements in 2.16.7
- Fixed a general issue when iMazing was building a compressed Zip archive, following a third-party app update: "A file with the same name 'item name' already exists, could not append file to zip...". This issue was occurring while downloading apps, installing apps, exporting app data, exporting ePub books and in various other places.
- Messages: optimized loading of messages (macOS)
- Music: fixed width of Title, Artist and Album columns. If you encountered an issue with the width of those columns, go to the iMazing main menu: View > Media Browser > Reset media view to default settings (macOS)
Fixes and Improvements in 2.16.6
- Photos: fixed a memory leak while exporting photos
- Photos: fixed a rare crash "PhotoIconConverter.Convert - System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception" while browsing the device photo library, it was actually not fixed in 2.16.5 (Windows)
- Date range filters: the date picker is now behaving properly (macOS)
- Music: tracks meta data is now exported properly to Music or iTunes (macOS)
- Backup browsing: browsing backup archives now works as expected
- Files: this section is now properly displayed when browsing new backups, on old backups the section might still not appear properly
- Messages & WhatsApp: fixed a rare issue while exporting attachments: "Cannot write local file..."
Fixes and Improvements in 2.16.5
- Fixed a crash at launch on Windows 32-bit (7, 8 and 10)
- Photos: when a Live Photo is not stored locally, it is now also possible to download the Live Photos video asset from iCloud
- Photos: when a photo cannot be found on iCloud, the Apply to all checkbox to skip the missing item now works as expected
- Device Advanced Info: added Developer Mode Enabled
- Music: when sorting tracks by Album Name, the tracks are not also sorted by Disk Number and Track Number
- Music: AIFF (.aif) files can now be transfered to the device from the Music section (Windows)
- In-App Store: the 3-D Secure verification window is now displayed properly and purchasing through PayPal also works as expected
Fixes and Improvements in 2.16.4
- Fixed app data backups as .imazingapp files: .lock. sqlite error: file is not a database
Fixes and Improvements in 2.16.3
- Messages and WhatsApp: when using Export Attachments, added an option to Create a folder for each chat session
- iOS Backup Passcode Prompt: support for the new passcode prompt on iOS 15.7.1; since iOS 16.1 and 15.7.1, this prompt is displayed when a backup is about to start. Read our blog article to learn more about this new Apple security feature and our position: https://imazing.com/blog/ios-backup-passcode-prompt
- iOS Backup Passcode Prompt: the iMazing Mini dialog box displayed before an automatic backup is about to start will now automatically close when a user interacts with the device
- Restore OS: improved handling of the new macOS Ventura USB Restricted Mode; iMazing will displays a message if USB Restricted Mode is enabled, explaining how to change this setting in macOS System Settings
- Restore OS: improved restore in Recovery mode on iOS 16; iMazing better handles "Failed to restore device in recovery mode" errors, and will attempt to reconnect the device automatically when the connection is lost after a long IPSW download
- Restore a Backup: improved setting the device name with the option Name for target devices
- Restore a Backup: improved reliability of Install apps from local library if available
- Notes: fixed an issue on Windows with Export to PDF and Print
- Photos: fixed an issue preventing photos from being deleted on macOS Ventura
- Photos: reorganized the Export photos options to improve fit on small screens
- Messages, WhatsApp, Photos, Safari, Calendar: fixed an issue with the date range picker filter on macOS Ventura
- WhatsApp: fixed an issue where WhatsApp messages migrated from an Android device were not displayed
- Update iMazing: fixed a freeze in iMazing when the iMazing Mini menu bar app was attempting to update iMazing on macOS
- Backups: iMazing now displays the reason for N/A errors
- Export All Data: fixed a bug when clicking the Previous button in the wizard while iMazing is trying to connect to a device
- French: corrected minor translation errors
Fixes and Improvements in 2.16.2
- Photos: improved log in experience and error handling when downloading photos and videos from iCloud
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements
Fixes and Improvements in 2.16.1
- Fixed a crash accessing photos from an iPod Classic.
- Fixed a crash switching to a backup archive from the File System view.
- Fixed a crash downloading iCloud photos.
Fixes and Improvements in 2.16.0
- Manage Apps: fixed an issue where new managed Apple IDs created in Apple Business or School Manager could not retrieve the list of apps purchased via Volume Purchase. iMazing will now ask for the VPP token in such cases.
What's New in iMazing 2.15
iMazing 2.15 introduces a complete refresh of the Music section as well as improved TV, Podcasts and Books sections.
iMazing 2.15.9 adds support for Apple's newest hardware and software, and includes updated Converter and Profile Editor components.
iOS 16 and iPhone 14
- New iPhone 14 models supported
- iOS 16 compatibility
- Early support for iOS 16.1 beta
- Support for macOS 13 Ventura beta
iMazing Converter 2
- Now supports video; convert HEVC (H.265) videos to MPEG-4 (H.264)
- Added quality and resolution settings for photos and video
iMazing Profile Editor 1.6.1
- Various bug fixes and improvements
Refreshed Music interface
- Support for album artwork
- New embedded player
- New album view
- New playlist view
- New filter: Hide DRM protected medias
- New filter: Hide medias already in iTunes/Music
- Audiobooks are now in the Books section
- Order tracks in playlists
Other new feature
- Added a new action to Export Backup and Archives to Another Location available from the device contextual menu (right-click)
Fixes and Improvements in 2.15.12
- Messages: fixed issue with duplicated attachments following iMazing 2.15.11 update
- Automatic backup: improved notification messages when the device is locked
- Automatic backup: improved notification messages when the device is too low on battery
- Automatic backup: to handle the new iOS 16.1 backup passcode prompt, iMazing Mini will notify the user when to enter their passcode on the device
Fixes and Improvements in 2.15.11
- Messages: fixed an issue where some iOS 16 messages could be missing in some conversations
- WhatsApp: fixed an issue where some attachments could be missing
- Voicemail: fixed an issue when converting .amr files to .mp3. Now iMazing doesn't attempt to convert AMR files to MP3 since Adaptive Multi-Rate format is supported and playable by Windows Media Player on Windows 10 and 11. For older Windows versions, AMR is playable with apps such as VLC.
Fixes and Improvements in 2.15.10
- Photos: fixed an issue where HEIC files weren't converted properly when the destination path was containing special characters
Fixes and Improvements in 2.15.9
- Added new iPhone 14 models
- iMazing Converter 2 allowing conversion of HEVC (H.265) videos to MPEG-4 (H.264) is now embedded (replaces iMazing HEIC Converter 1)
- iMazing Profile Editor latest version is now embedded (1.6.1)
- Messages/WhatsApp: new option to hide attachments
- Music: ordering tracks in playlists is now supported
- iMazing CLI:
--backup-device command can now be used without a license
- iMazing CLI: all backup options are now available for the command:
--device-export-datasets, have a look to the doc: https://imazing.com/uploads/iMazing-CLI.pdf
- Photos: fixed blank media controller appearing on Live photos (macOS)
- Photos: Live photos may have wrong orientation when playing (Windows)
- Contacts: fixed issue with notes field containing double quote or dash characters which wasn't displayed properly
- Manage Apps: opening the Manage Apps section wasn't possible when the computer was not connected to internet
- Music: fixed an issue when transferring tracks to the device from a directory containing a "." character, tracks in such folder weren't transferred (Windows)
- Notes: improved layout of lists
- Early support for new iOS 16.1 backup passcode prompt
Fixes and Improvements in 2.15.8
- Messages: fixed an issue marking random messages as edited
- iMazing Profile Editor: updated to version 1.6.0
Fixes and Improvements in 2.15.7
- Manage Apps: fixed an Apple server error while downloading apps from the App Store, following Apple changes
- Music: fixed tracks incorrectly reported as not being in Apple Music when they are
- Music: improved typing characters in either of the 3 filter columns (Genre, Artist, Album)
- Music: playlists tracks are now displayed in their actual order
- Music: better handling of ID3 Album Artist tag
- Music: better handling of ID3 Compilation tag
- iOS 16 Messages: added deleted message notifications
- iOS 16 Messages: handling of edited messages
- iOS 16 Messages: handling of security notifications with special characters
Improvements in 2.15.5
- iOS 16 an macOS 13 Ventura compatibility
Fixes in 2.15.4
- Quick Transfer: fixed EPUB and PDF files not transferred to the Books app
- General: fixed various rare crashes
Fixes in 2.15.3
- Fixed iMazing's main menu not working after browsing the Music section
Fixes in 2.15.2
- Fixed a rare crash while searching messages
- Fixed a rare crash while searching media tracks
- Fixed an issue when installing the same app simultaneously to multiple devices
Fixes in 2.15.1
- Fixed a crash in Manage Apps, we are sorry for the inconvenience
Fixes in 2.15.0
- Fixed exporting attachments from a note, iMazing was exporting just the first attachment
- Fixed deleting ringtones not refreshing the view
- Fixed date and time not displayed while searching messages
- Fixed device image displays for iPhone 13/mini/Pro/Pro Max
What's New in iMazing 2.14
iOS 15 is now fully supported
iMazing 2.13 introduced early support for iOS 15 betas. iMazing 2.14.3 is fully compatible with the final iOS 15 version.
New iPhone and iPad models supported
The new iPhone 13, iPad Classic and iPad Mini models are now supported.
In this version, we are introducing a new tool which can detect traces left by known spyware such as the recent Pegasus surveillance tool. This feature is available in the free version of iMazing. Please refer to our blog post and documentation for more information:
- Blog post: https://imazing.com/blog/detecting-pegasus-spyware-with-imazing
- Documentation: https://imazing.com/guides/detect-pegasus-and-other-spyware-on-iphone
Also new is a dedicated section for podcast management which allows importing and exporting podcasts just as easily as music tracks.
Improvement to Photos
The carousel view is now resizable. In general, scrolling should be notably smoother, and the entire experience just a tad more enjoyable.
Fixes in 2.14.8
- Backups: fixed a rare crash just before a backup operation starts
- Backups: fixed a rare crash when trying to extract files from a backup
- Spyware Analyzer: fixed a potential crash during analysis
- Messages: fixed a rare crash while exporting messages
Fixes and improvements in 2.14.7
- Voice Memos: fixed loading Voice Memos on iOS 15.4 and above
- New iOS devices: added support for new iOS devices presented at Apple’s March special event: iPhone SE (3rd Gen), iPad Air (5th Gen), and new iPhone 13 colors
- Profiles: improved configuration profile installation on supervised devices (in some rare cases, the operation was returning an error "InstallProfileSilent failed, Error 4099: Couldn't communicate with a helper function")
- Spyware Analyzer: improved analysis for WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business - included latest Amnesty Tech MVT tool modifications
- Spyware Analyzer: added a new module to analyse iOS Configuration Profiles - included latest Amnesty Tech MVT tool modifications
- Backup Browsing: the Files section is now available when browsing a backup
- Classic iPod (non-iOS): fixed classic iPod connection issues when iTunes is not installed
- Manage Apps: improved login user experience with 2FA
- Manage Apps and Apple Volume Purchase: fixed issues preventing newly created managed Apple IDs from Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager from being utilized - it is now possible to enter directly the Server Token downloaded from ABM or ASM
Fixes and improvements in 2.14.6
- iMazing Mini: optimized device info fetching to reduce battery usage on the device
- File System: the iMazing folder is no longer automatically created in the Media folder. It will instead be created lazily when accessing the Documents folder at the root of the File System section
- Notes: fixed case where attachments in notes created with iOS 15 could not be displayed
Fixes and improvements in 2.14.5
- Manage Apps: fixed error when logging in to Apple ID (handles a recent change on Apple-side)
- Photos: added handling of ProRes videos
- Supervision: it is now possible to supervise a device without erasing it if a backup from another device was just restored to it
- Backup Archiving: added additional checks to prevent automatic cleaning of older backup archives in specific scenarios
- UI: moved Files dataset after Apps
- Profile Editor: embedded version is now 1.5.2
What's new in 2.14.3
- iOS 15: this new major iOS version is now fully supported
- iPhone 13 and iPad latest models:: all new Apple mobile devices info and images will be displayed properly
- Voice Memos: support for iOS 15 voice memos (a full backup of the device is now required to access voice memos)
- Notes: a new Export Attachment action has been added
- Export All Data: Notes attachments are now included in exports
- Contacts: custom fields are now all displayed, and included in exported vCards
- Contacts: improved support for importing vCards exported from Google Contacts (custom fields mapped to standard ones)
- WhatsApp: disappearing messages are now displayed correctly
- Photos: added a new column Is Favorite in the photo list view
- Photos: now support deleting photos taken with an iOS 15 device
- Restore OS: it is now possible to restore bridgeOS using DFU on T2/iBridge Macs
- Battery Info: when the Battery Effective Max. Charge is greater than the Battery Design Max. Charge, the percentage displayed under Battery Health won't be displayed over 100% to avoid confusions
- Files: if a device backup was done, it is now possible to browse and extract files and folders stored at the root of On My iDevice via the new Backup virtual item
- Misc: a Presentation mode toggle has been added to the Preferences window. Enable to hide phone number and Apple ID from the device info view
- Misc: it is now possible to enter recovery mode before pairing by opening a context menu from the device's icon in the pairing wizard screen. On iOS 14.5 and above, this requires a supervised device configured with
- Profile Editor: embedded version is now 1.5, featuring live updates of profile manifests
Fixes in 2.14.4
- Profile Editor: updated to version 1.5.1 which fixes an iOS 15 compatibility issue with profiles containing multiple payloads of the same type. Learn more here: https://digidna.notion.site/IPE-Profiles-iOS-15-Compatibility-0cd72002024c435a96f37bfe6a83e21a
- Notes: fixed crash when exporting attachments from pre iOS 10 devices
Fixes in 2.14.3
- Notes: fixed a rare issue preventing the loading of notes and causing high memory usage
- Notes: exporting a multi-page scan embedded in a note now exports all pages
- Videos: fixed a rare crash when handling some non-standard video formats
- CLI: fixed case where activating an erased device with the
--activate switch could fail
Fixes in 2.14.2
- Spyware Analyzer: improved logging of network errors while resolving shortened URLs
Fixes in 2.14.1
- Messages and WhatsApp: fixed regression which caused contact names to be invisible
Fixes in 2.14.0
- Books: fixed error when exporting PDF files to an external drive
- Photos: fixed a potential error when exporting items with the "Use Original Filenames" option enabled
- Photos: all errors should now be skippable when deleting photos
- Messages: fixed case where the phone number of the sender could be clipped in PDF exports of attachments if the 'Show Contact Details' option was enabled
- Messages: fixed rare issue with exporting to PDF a message containing a malformed link
What's New in iMazing 2.13
iOS 15 Beta Support
iMazing is now compatible with iOS 15 betas.
The Photos section has been rebuilt from the ground up. The Camera section has been removed and integrated to the Photos section.
- Vastly improved loading times
- Preview photos in high resolution
- Access detailed information about each photo and video
- Preview and export other versions of a photo or video: pre-portrait mode asset, originals of edited items, image and video components of Live Photos
- Customize exports with powerful options
- Full screen mode
- Support for the new RAW format introduced in iOS 14.3 (iMazing 2.13.2)
What's new in 2.13.10
- Music: modernized Export to iTunes and Export to Folder wizards
- Music: improved Export to iTunes and Export to Folder operations
Fixes in 2.13.10
- Photos: fixed a rare hang on calculating size when exporting photos
- Quick Transfer: fixed Photos not offered as target app for HEIC files
- iOS 6 and below: fixed a connection issue with non-paired devices
- Backup Restore: fixed Install Apps from Library if available option which wasn't working in some cases
What's new in 2.13.9
- iMazing is now compatible with iOS 15 Beta 1
Fixes in 2.13.9
- Photos: fixed deleting photos on iOS 14.6 and above
- Notes: fixed image attachments not displayed properly
What's new in 2.13.8
- iMazing CLI: you can now use iMazing's Command Line Interface from the terminal.
C:\Program Files\DigiDNA\iMazing\iMazing-CLI.exe --help to see the list of commands. iMazing CLI requires an iMazing CLI license available in the Business tab of our store.
- New Devices Support: iMazing now supports the new iPad Pro 2021 and can restore macOS to the new iMac 24" M1 2021 in DFU.
Fixes in 2.13.8
- Localization: small improvements in German thanks to user feedback.
- Music: fixed an encoding issue affecting special characters in the Artist and Album metadata fields when exporting tracks to the computer.
- Music: fixed a rare crash when importing tracks to the device.
- Photos: the Export button is now clickable even when no items are selected in the main view.
- Backup Browser: Fixed Quicklook and double click to open a file only once per session.
- Backup Editing: the Keychain-Backup.plist protection class is now handled properly when importing this file in an editable backup.
- Backups: deleting backups should no longer occasionally trigger Access Denied errors.
- Messages and WhatsApp: improved scrolling in large conversations.
- Legacy iPod Support: improved support of non-iOS legacy iPod models. Fixed compatibility issues with the latest iTunes versions (12.11.x).
Fixes in 2.13.7
- Misc: fixed a regression in 2.13.6 affecting app downloads, app exports to .IPA and .imazingapp, and backup export to file.
What's new in 2.13.6
- Automatic Backups: when an automatic backup has been canceled by the user, no new scheduled backup of the same device will occur for an hour.
- iMazing Configurator (macOS): added a new option in blueprints to ignore "Find My Device" status when a device is erased or a backup is restored.
Fixes and improvements in 2.13.6
- Automatic Backups: fixed an issue with the option "Backup only if battery is: charging" on iPhone 12 devices.
- Photos: fixed an issue where location longitude was displayed with a S (South) instead of W (West).
- Photos: improved deleting photos.
- Backup Browsing: switching to a backup archive will not longer hang for a while when the device is not connected.
- WhatsApp: improved bubble and text colors in Dark mode (macOS).
- Contacts: fixed a rare crash when browsing contacts.
- Notes: images are now displayed in high resolution.
- Supervision Organizations: fixed an issue when importing or exporting PKCS12 identities with passwords longer than 30 characters.
- Music: improved exporting playlists to iTunes.
What's new in 2.13.5
- WhatsApp: Added support for WhatsApp Business.
- Profiles: Added Signed column to iMazing's profile library.
Fixes and improvements in 2.13.5
- Backup Browsing: the presence or absence of WhatsApp is now correctly refreshed when switching between backup snapshots.
- Books: fixed No asset manifest error when importing more than 200 books at once.
- Configurator: fixed harmless final error when applying a blueprint to a DEP device of which the supervision identity is not configured in iMazing.
- Messages & WhatsApp: long links are now clickable in exported PDFs.
- Performance: substantial improvements in memory management to reduce iMazing's memory footprint.
- Voicemail: fixed rare case were export could hang.
What's new in 2.13.4
- M1 Macs: iMazing will now detect M1 Macs in DFU mode and offer to restore macOS.
- Messages & WhatsApp: New Only show attachments filter.
- Messages & WhatsApp: Replies now labelled by prefixing them with Replying to metadata. CSV and Excel exports consequently have a new Reyplying to column which stores the original message along with its date and sender.
- Storage: Available disk space of iOS and iPadOS devices now also includes purgeable space.
- WhatsApp: Added filter to hide archived chats.
- WhatsApp: Added new notifications: Phone number change, Message failed to send, and group admin changes.
Fixes and improvements in 2.13.4
- Configurator: Fixed case where restoring a backup via a blueprint would result in apps not appearing on springboard despite app data being restored.
- Export All Data: Fixed case where exporting chats with zero attachments could cause an error.
- Export All Data: Allow skipping all errors.
- File Transfer: If target device is full, iMazing will now wait for iOS to free purgeable space and retry.
- File Transfer: Fixed error when transferring files from recently rooted devices.
- Media: Fixed Cannot send sync request error when transferring music or photos to the iOS Music or Photos apps.
- Messages: Fixed case where exporting a chat to a PDF named with special characters could fail with an Cannot write local file error.
- Mini: Fixed iMazing Mini requiring a license to restore a backup.
- Networking: Improved proxy support (auto-config from PAC file and credential retrieval for authenticated proxies)
- Notes: Exporting images from a note now always exports the high resolution version if available.
- Notes: Fixed case where attachments from iCloud notes would not be displayed.
- Photos: Fixed case where the original thumbnail of a ProRAW image could be missing.
- Photos: Fixed rare crash when browsing photos via Wi-Fi.
- Photos: Fixed rare crash when putting computer to sleep during loading of thumbnails.
- Photos: Fixed Cannot write local file error when exporting photos saved from WhatsApp with the Use original filename preference.
- Photos: Fixed case where exporting both an edited image and its original version would only export the original shot.
- Reinstall/Update iOS: Fixed error preventing update to iOS 14.4 if the IPSW is not already downloaded.
- Supervision: Fixed case where supervision identities generated with the Windows version of iMazing could be considered invalid by iOS despite having a valid certificate.
Fixes and improvements in 2.13.2
- Calendars: Fixed case where exported events would contain a truncated note field.
- Contacts: Fixed case where the birthday field was not included when exporting to vCard.
- Photos: Exporting to external drives no longer requires temporary local storage space.
- Messages & WhatsApp: Fixed memory leak when exporting audio attachments.
- Messages & WhatsApp: Fixed case where no attachments were exported when using the Export all data tool.
- Messages & WhatsApp: Fixed case where not all attachments were exported when exporting multiple sessions simultaneously.
- Messages & WhatsApp: Fixed case where the date label could be missing between text bubbles.
- Messages & WhatsApps: Printer settings are now persistent.
- Music: Improved parsing of Album Year ID3 tag.
- Music: Improved handling of album art ID3 tags unexpectedly formatted.
- Music: Fixed case where album art ID3 tag would be duplicated when exporting a track.
- Settings: Fixed inactive Done button after applying changes in the Device Settings screen.
- WhatsApp: Added blocked/unblocked notifications.
- WhatsApp: Added broadcast messages.
- WhatsApp: Improved handling of empty chats and notifications.
- Other small fixes and stability improvements.
Fixes and improvements in 2.13.1
- Backup: Fixed inactive View button when the device is selected in the backups list after having switched to backup browsing mode.
- Localization: Fixed ambiguous Korean translation which could wrongly suggest that the license code is invalid.
- Photos: Minor stability improvements.
Fixes and improvements in 2.13.0
- Messages: Exporting voice messages from Messages now converts to a Windows compatible format (
- Messages: Improved handling of forbidden characters when exporting to PDF.
- Photos: Location data is again included when transferring photos to device on iOS 14.1 and above.
- Photos: Importing photos to device now orders them by the Date Taken metadata instead of file creation date.
- Profiles: Deleting a signed non-removable profile from a supervised device now works as expected.
What's new in iMazing 2.12.7
- Licensing Server Change: iMazing will now connect to
https://api.imazing.com for license validation. This change anticipates the upcoming retirement of our previous licensing platform, Devmate. Please make sure to whitelist api.imazing.com if you're experiencing activation issues.
- Licensing: added support for new license types (
imz*** license codes).
- Licensing: new license and trial screens.
- Misc: added assets for new Apple devices.
Fixes and improvements in 2.12.7
- Licensing: fixed various activation issues
- Fixed inactive Choose Wallpaper button in Supervision wizard (macOS)
- Other minor fixes and stability improvements
What's New in iMazing 2.12
iMazing 2.12 introduces the ability to supervise devices and manage supervised devices via the new Supervision button in the actions list.
The following options are available in the supervision wizard:
- Create or import a supervising organization
- Disable USB restricted mode
- Save passcode unlock token
- Allow or disallow pairing
- Allow or disallow activation lock
- Set language and country
- Configure wallpapers
- Skip setup assistant
- Configure accessibility options
Manage Supervised Devices
If a device is already supervised, the supervision wizard exposes the following options:
- Set language and country
- Configure wallpapers
- Configure accessibility options
- Save passcode unlock token and clear passcode
- Clear restrictions password
- Enable or disable Single App Mode
Transferring photos to iPhone and iPad is again supported. Location data is omitted during the transfer because of an issue with iOS which can cause photos containing location data to be removed from the device.
Other Improvements in 2.12
- Accessibility: Added a Choose button to the Quick Transfer wizard to improve its usability
- Apps: Inverted the Device and Library tabs in the Manage Apps wizard so that device apps appear first. Tab selection is preserved between sessions
- Backup Restore: Added Reminders to the list of datasets when customizing a partial backup restore
- Configurator: Added Exit Single App Mode action in the Devices view
- Configurator: Added new iOS 14 setup assistant skip keys
- Device Details: Added the supervising organization's name if the device is supervised
- Device Settings: Added set language, country and accessibility options. Supervised only settings have been moved to the Supervision wizard
- Library: Improved support for storing iMazing's library on slower external drives
- Notes: Improved support for weblinks and image attachments saved from external sources
- Profiles: It is now possible to manage configuration profiles of supervised devices without importing the supervision identity
- Sidebar: It is now possible to search devices by type or iOS version
Fixes and improvements in 2.12.3
- Misc: The Exit Setup Assistant action does not work with iOS 14 devices and will cause iMazing to display an informative dialog.
- Profile Editor: VPN section completely reworked.....
- Profile Editor: fixed case where creating a profile in iMazing's profile library would fail if the library was set to a custom path containing spaces.
- Profile Editor: fixed case where iMazing Profile Editor would always offer a newer update.
- Supervision: it is now possible to pair supervised devices silently if the supervising organization is configured in iMazing. Backing up and accessing app files require the device to be unlocked, but clearing the passcode and managing profiles does not.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
Fixes in 2.12.2
- Transfer of media to native iOS apps is now fixed and iMazing is fully compatible with iTunes 126.96.36.199
Fixes in 2.12.1
- Support for the latest Apple drivers for Windows
- Fixes iMazing not functional if iTunes is updated to v188.8.131.52 or above
- Fixes new installations of iMazing on systems where iTunes is not installed
What's New in iMazing 2.11
iOS 14 and macOS Big Sur
- Compatibility with the betas.
iOS 13.6 and iPhone SE
iMazing is fully compatible with iOS 13.6 and iPhone SE (2020).
New in 2.11.6
A few important features for system administrators have made the jump across to the Windows version:
- Import Supervision Identities to iMazing's brand new Organizations Library (Preferences -> Library tab) to enable pairing with supervised devices even if Allow Pairing is false
- Manage a library of configuration profiles with iMazing's new Profile Library (Preferences -> Library tab, or Profiles -> Install from Library action)
- Create and edit configuration profiles thanks to the embedded iMazing Profile Editor, available in the Tools menu and from the Profile Library
- Apply iMazing Configurator blueprint created with the macOS version of iMazing via the Quick Transfer wizard. This feature can be leveraged by sys admins to delegate automations such as backup -> update OS -> provision files to apps to the end user.
iMazing packages three smaller utilities which you can open from the new Tools menu:
- iMazing Mini is our menu bar app which handles automatic backups. It hasn't changed, but is now opened via the Tools menu instead of the backup icon in iMazing's top toolbar.
- iMazing HEIC Converter is our popular HEIC to JPEG conversion tool, now available within iMazing too.
- iMazing Profile Editor is the only Apple Configuration Profile editor on Windows.
New Dataset: Profiles
This one is for sys-admins, developers and geeks:
- View configuration and provisioning profiles of iOS devices
- Install, export and remove profiles
Improvements in 2.11.8
- iOS 14 beta: iMazing is now fully compatible and no longer displays a warning when connecting an iOS 14 device.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
Improvements in 2.11.7
- iOS 14 beta early compatibility
Improvements in 2.11.6
- iOS 13.5 and iPhone SE (2020) are now fully supported
- Messages: Improved support for message attachments in legacy iOS version (iOS 4)
- Quick Transfer: improved compatibility with legacy OS versions
Fixes in 2.11.6
- Calendars: fixed rare case where loading would never complete
- Erase Operation: Fixed erroneous error message when erasing a supervised device
- Other small fixes and tiny improvements...
Improvements in 2.11.4
- WhatsApp: added support for messages sent from a WhatsApp Business account
Fixes in 2.11.4
- Repair Backup: fixed a rare crash
- Other minor bug fixes and stability improvements
Improvements in 2.11.2
- iOS: version 13.4 is now fully supported
- Translation: minor changes in Portugese
Fixes in 2.11.2
- Photos: various minor fixes
- Translation: fixed incomplete sentences in various languages
- Backup repair: fixed a potential crash
Fixes in 2.11.1
- French localization fixed. Toutes nos excuses à nos utilisateurs francophones.
Improvements in 2.11.0
- Backup: improved the Repair Backup feature to handle more edge cases
- iMazing Mini: reduce the frequency of disk accesses to allow NAS and other external drives to sleep more often
- iTunes Microsoft Store: improved compatibility with iTunes downloaded from the Microsoft Store
- Media Transfer: added a dialog to handle cases where an antivirus prevents iMazing (or iTunes!) from starting a sync service
- Messages: threads with different recipients (email and phone number) for the same contact are now merged
- Messages and WhatsApp: added more info in TXT exports: time stamp, contact name etc.
Fixes in 2.11.0
- Automatic Backup: fixed a rare issue where an operation could run multiple times
- Contacts: fixed importing contacts to empty address book on devices running iOS 13.2 and above
- Transfer to device: improved available space checks before transferring data
What’s New in iMazing 2.10
- Support for new iPhones 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro max
- Support for the new iPad 7th gen
- Now fully compatible with iOS 13 and macOS 10.15 Catalina
- Compatibility with iTunes downloaded from the Microsoft Store (Windows)
- Backup: new engine lays groundwork for future optimizations and improves error reporting
- Update iOS: added an option to backup the device before updating the OS
- Messages / WhatsApp: added support for the following languages: Thai, Vietnamese, Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Telugu Tamil, Gujarati, Urdu, Kannada, Odia, Malayalam, Punjabi, Sanskrit
- Renamed section "Videos" to "TV" to match the new iOS 12.4 TV app
- Support for new iOS 13.2 emojis
- Minor improvements and fine tuning
Fixes in 2.10.6
- Fixed iMazing (macOS) unable to delete photos from Camera roll of recent iOS devices
- Fixed accessing Logs in iMazing's File System section when the device is on iOS 13 and connected via USB
- Fixed accessing Root in iMazing's File System section when the device is on iOS 13, jailbroken and connected via USB
- Fixed case where editable copies of non-encrypted backups could get corrupted when editing (digest file mismatch error 205)
- Fixed transferring files with the .ibooks extension to Books
- Fixed iMazing's Windows installer which in some cases wasn't keeping the installation location when updating iMazing
- Fixed Windows buttons layout in the Check for Updates window on lower screen resolutions
- Fixed case where the sidebar contextual menu would display "Reinstall iPad OS" instead of "Reinstall iOS"
- Fixed Quick Transfer of audio books to BookMower third party app
- Fixed wrong emojis shown on macOS El Capitan when exporting Messages or WhatsApp conversations to PDF
- Other minor fixes and improvements
Fixes in 2.10.4
- Fixed issue with erasing devices running iOS 10 or below
- Fixed call history section asking for encrypted backup even if the backup was already encrypted
- Fixed issue where deleting contacts did not work on iOS 13 devices
- Fixed album cover arts in JFIF format not transferred when copying music to the iOS Music app
- Fixed charger voltage and amperage not shown in battery diagnostics for iOS 13 devices
- Fixed case where the malfunctioning USB cable message was shown multiple times
- When an iOS installation fails, iMazing will now make the device exit from recovery mode
- Other minor fixes and improvements
Fixes in 2.10.3
- Fixed device activation for iOS 13.1
- Fixed detection of empty devices on iOS 13.x
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements
Fixes in 2.10.2
- Fixed a very high memory usage and hangs when displaying Messages or WhatsApp large conversations (Mac)
- Fixed a potential freeze at startup (Mac)
- Fixed an issue when restoring app data backups (.imazingapp files), file were not restored anymore in version 2.10.1
- Fixed developer apps built with Xcode 11 in debug, iMazing wasn't showing their "Developer" folder anymore
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements
Fixes in 2.10.1
- Support for the new iOS 13.1 photo library
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements
Fixes in 2.10.0
- iMazing Mini: fixed notifications not sorted chronologicaly (Windows)
- iMazing Mini: fixed serious mode option not saved (Windows)
- Manage Apps: fixed a rare crash when downloading apps (Windows)
- Manage Apps: fixed potential issues when trying to download and update apps with wrong CFBundleVersion numbers, not properly incremented by their developers. It is not possible to keep multiple version of such apps - please contact the app developer in case you encounter this issue and ask them to increment the value of CFBundleVersion when releasing an update.
- Messages / WhatsApp: fixed a crash when displaying or exporting conversations with PNG attachments
- File Transfer: fixed an issue with long paths when transferring files to Windows computers. This was potentially affecting the Export feature of Books.
- Notes: Fixed an error when exporting notes to PDF (Windows)
What’s New iMazing 2.9.14
- macOS Catalina support
- Export music and videos to the new Catalina Music and TV apps
Fixes in 2.9.14
- Update iOS: fixed a potential issue when installing an IPSW downloaded manually (Mac)
- Manage Apps: fixed issues when downloading or installing app updates which do not increment their bundle version
- Manage Apps: fixed app search function to add apps from the App Store in Arabic
- Music: removed the dialog shown when adding tracks already in the device library to a playlist
- Contacts: fixed an issue preventing the import of contacts exported on Windows
- Quick Transfer: fixed an issue with matching file types to compatible apps. Numbers, Pages and other apps should now be listed correctly when transferring the corresponding file type
- Messages: fixed an issue with dates / timestamps not correctly retrieved from iOS 4 and 5
- Messages / WhatsApp: fixed an issue with traditional Chinese characters not displayed in PDF exports
- Messages / WhatsApp: fixed a rare crash when loading messages
- Preferences: fixed a crash when changing the CSV Data Export delimiter (Windows)
What’s New iMazing 2.9.13
Fixes in 2.9.13
- Fixed iOS and tvOS IPSW download when reinstalling iOS
- Fixed a crash when changing "Data export delimiter (CSV...)" in iMazing Preferences (Windows)
Fixes in 2.9.12
- Fixed an issue when importing contacts to the device on Mac - the note field wasn't imported properly
- Fixed importing contacts to iOS 13 devices
- Fixed enabling automatic backup for multiple devices on iMazing Mini Windows using the function "Review All Devices"
- Fixed automatic backup timeframe option in iMazing Mini Windows, the time zone is now taken into account
- Fixed iMazing's uninstaller on Windows where the Mini wasn't uninstalled properly
- Fixed update windows appearing twice when iMazing Mini Windows was running
What’s New iMazing 2.9.9
iMazing Mini and automatic backups make the jump to the Windows version of iMazing. The Windows and macOS versions of iMazing now have identical version numbers.
Export to Excel
Call history, Contacts, Safari data, Calendars, Messages and WhatsApp chats can now all be exported to .xlsx files which can be directly opened by Excel.
The Export All Data feature of iMazing includes .xlsx exports for all these data types.
Fixes in 2.9.9
- iMazing Mini isn't suspended by macOS anymore when the account is locked
- Fixed rare crash when loading Messages or WhatsApp views
- Fixed UI glitch in WhatsApp where a message could become floating instead of a date
- Fixed iMazing Preferences' Detection of media already in iTunes setting not taken into account when set to Disabled
Fixes in 2.9.8
- Fixed case where depending on the timezone, very recent messages would only show up after resetting the date range
- Fixed keyboard navigation in threads and chats
- Improved handling of corrupted or missing attachments
- Fixed crash related to restoring app data to iOS 10.0 or 10.1 devices
- Other minor fixes
What’s New iMazing 2.9.7
- Improved jailbreak detection (Chimera and Uncover)
- Call history now includes two new columns: Location and Service (WhatsApp, Skype, Viber...)
- It is now possible to reverse the sort order of Messages and WhatsApp threads by clicking the header
Fixes in 2.9.7
- Fixed a crash while loading Messages, WhatsApp or Safari
- Fixed a crash when loading Call History on iOS 9 and lower
- Windows: fixed a crash when clicking cancel on file dialogs
- Mac: fixed device pairing screen not shown when iMazing and Mini were both running
Fixes in 2.9.6
- Fixed cases where the battery icon would not be displayed or would display stale values
- Fixed case where the date label in the WhatsApp view was displayed according to UTC instead of local time
- Fixed case where loading notes with a lot of markup would cause memory usage to balloon
- Increased backup timeout to one hour to better support very large backups on slower drives
- Other small improvements and stability fixes
What’s New iMazing 2.9
This version introduces support for browsing, exporting and printing WhatsApp data, as well as a completely overhauled message data extraction and PDF generation engine for Messages.
Browsing Messages and WhatsApp chats
- Loading times greatly improved
- Supports arbitrarily large quantities of messages, even on older computers
New displayed data types
- Subject line (Messages)
- Message Status (sent, delivered, read)
- Group events (who joined or left and when, more...)
- Service type change (SMS, MMS, iMessage)
- (Optional) Contact details (email or phone number)
- Windows: Emojis are finally displayed in all their colorful glory
- Added date range filter
- Added search in conversations (find all threads or chats whith a specific contact)
- Text search now retains context when cleared (search for a word, select a message in the result and clear search to identify which chat the message belongs to)
- Added contextual menu on threads
- Selecting multiple threads no longer aggregates their content, instead used for bulk export of multiple conversations
- Drag out selection with attachments only will export attachments. Drag out selection containing text will export to PDF
- Videos, audio clips and GIFs can now be played within the view
- Shared locations are displayed as such, and can be opened in Google maps or exported as links
- Shared URLs displayed with site description, and can be opened in default browser or exported as links
- Shared vCards containing multiple contacts are now exported to split vCards on Windows for better compatibility
Exporting to PDF and Printing
iMazing now features native PDF generation, allowing for greatly improved performance and expanded features when both exporting to PDF and printing both Messages conversations and Whatsapp chats.
- Bulk export of threads to PDF (split files or single file)
- Choose scale, margins and orientation
- Choose paper size
- Chat session name and participant details in header
- Page numbers in footer
- Extraction metadata in footer (great for increased legal weight)
Exporting to CSV or TXT
New fields in CSV exports:
- Delivered date
- Read Date
- Service Type (SMS, MMS, iMessage)
- Sender name
- Sender contact details (email or phone number)
- Attachment type
- (Optional) Include header row
- (Optional) Include thread/chat name (useful for bulk exports to spreadsheets)
Text exports now optionally include:
- Chat session name
- Sender (group chats)
- Status (Sent, Delivered, Read)
- Attachment informations
- Separator between messages
What's New in 2.9.5
- iOS 12.2 support
- Support for new iPad models
- Messages: support for voice messages sent from iOS 12.2 devices
- Messages and WhatsApp: added Show all dates option
Fixes in 2.9.5
- Fixed case where music becomes unavailable on the iPod after being loaded. Please get in touch at imazing.com/contact if this happened to you, we will guide you through a recovery procedure.
Fixes in 2.9.4
- Data is invalid error when parsing a backup is now ignored when it is safe to do so
- Bulk exports of Messages and WhatsApp threads now honour the current date range
- Improved support for older versions of WhatsApp
- Fixed rare Error writing file error when exporting Messages or WhatsApp to PDF
Fixes in 2.9.3
- Timestamps in CSV exports of Messages and WhatsApp are now in standardised format (YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS)
- Fixed exporting to PDF in Asian languages (Chinese, Japanese and Korean)
- Fixed pairing issues with Apple TV (Mac)
- Minor stability improvements
Fixes in 2.9.2
- Fixed connection issues with device on iOS < 9
Fixes in 2.9.1
- Fixed crash when exporting music from iTunes Classic to iTunes
Fixes and smaller changes in 2.9.0
- Apple TV: Improved wireless pairing of 4k models
- Apps: when searching in the App Store, iMazing no longer defaults to the US store
- Apps: don’t offer update of apps if the update is incompatible with the iOS version of the target device
- Apps: improved restore of multiple .imazingapp files at the same time which in some cases could cause a ‘Unique constraint’ SQLite error
- Device Info: dual e-SIM info is now displayed
- iMazing Mini: fixed rare case where iMazing Mini thread count would keep rising when the app has been running for 10+ days without interruption
- Media sync: copy to Photos, Music, Ringtones and Videos now use much less CPU
- Music: improved exporting playlists to iTunes
- Music: fixed case where a special character in the Album Artist tag would cause tracks to be copied as separate albums
- Photos: better handling of copying photos to iOS when the photo library of the target device is empty or nearly empty
- Photos: fixed 'Error communicating with device' error when there are more than 6'000 photos in synced albums
- Photos: better interaction with albums originally synced with iTunes
- Restore: when restoring a backup without erasing the target device, iMazing will no longer uninstall apps which are on the target device but not in the backup
- Voice memos: better handling of missing or corrupt files in bulk exports
What’s New iMazing 2.8
Quite a few small but substantial improvements in this update:
- New 2018 iPads Pro support
- iOS 12.1 support
- Managing app updates from the “Manage Apps” section is now much easier to use: a dedicated window lists available updates, and it is now easy to download updates or directly update apps on a specific device
- Installing VPP apps is now supported, as long as device assignment is already done
- The calendar view will now display multi-day events on multiple days and not just on the day of the event
- When a device’s backup location is on an unavailable NAS, iMazing will let you know and will offer to stop trying to connect
- Other tiny improvements
Fixes in 2.8.5 (9906)
- Fixed a crash when restoring .imazingapp files.
Fixes in 2.8.5 (9902)
- Voice memos can now be accessed on iPads running iOS 12.
Fixes in 2.8.4 (9891)
- Fixed regression in 2.8.3 which caused reinstalling iOS to wrongly try to ask for device unlock, thereby making reinstalling iOS impossible
- Fixed iMazing Mini crashing if a device which was erased without signing out of Find my iPhone (activation locked) is connected
Fixes and improvements in 2.8.3 (9874)
Lots of small fixes and adjustments here, mostly following user feedback. Thanks to all of you who got in touch!
- Apps: Better handling of offloaded apps, which are now displayed like any other in iMazing
- Apps: Restore of .imazingapp files on older iOS versions
- Backup: Fixed Wi-Fi backups sometimes hanging when connection was lost
- Backup: Detection of incompatible backup locations is improved. iMazing will now prevent backing up to WD My Cloud Home devices for example - such storage devices cannot be used for direct backups unfortunately
- Calendars: Better handling of ‘absurd’ recurring event dates (every 31st of the month for instance) by clamping irrational dates
- Restore: When updating iOS with iMazing, the target device will now immediately ask for the passcode instead of doing so after the iOS installation package has been downloaded. As a consequence, iOS update/reinstall and backup restore operations should be more fire and forget than before
Fixes and improvements in 2.8.2 (9842)
- Fixed a memory leak while converting HEIC files to JPEG
- Fixed issues when exporting items with back slash characters "\" from a backup or the iOS file system
- Excluded Adobe Lightroom app from Quick Transfer, importing files to Lightroom via the File Sharing is unfortunately not supported by Lightroom
- Other minor fixes and improvements
Fixes and improvements in 2.8.1 (9825)
- Fixed iPhone XR model details not retrieved properly
- Other minor fixes and improvements
Fixes and improvements in 2.8.0 (9798)
- Fixed issues in the "Manage Apps" section when updating or downloading apps
- Fixed few issues in the "Calendars" section
- Many improvements and other minor fixes
What's New in iMazing 2.7
iPhone XS & XS Max Ready, iOS 12 Compatibility
- iPhone XS and XS Max should be displayed beautifully when connected to iMazing
- iOS 12 is fully supported, including updating to iOS 12 with iMazing
Quick Transfer Wizard
- Easily transfer documents, media, books and files to your iOS devices via drag and drop
- Drop files and folders in the Quick Transfer window, and iMazing will automatically detect compatible apps
Export All Data
- Export all data from iOS devices in human readable format in 2 clicks only
- Aimed at repair shops, data recovery pros and lawyers
- Special shout out to Geneva’s Maclinic repair shop for suggesting the feature 😉
macOS Mojave: Dark Mode & More
- Dynamic Dark Mode support: iMazing automatically adapts when changing the macOS theme, no need to quit and relaunch
- New security & privacy features handled: iMazing will request permission to access iTunes backups, and to import media to iTunes’ Library
What's New in iMazing 2.6
macOS Mojave Beta
- Dark mode support
- Support for new privacy requirements (restricted access to iTunes backup folder)
What's New in iMazing 2.5
- Support for new resolution in iMazing's UI
- Minor compatibility adjustments
Brand new Manage Apps wizard
- Download IPAs from the App Store
- Manage an App Library on your computer, install/uninstall, backup or restore all from the same view
- Sort apps by size, filter them by Apple ID
- Restoring .imazingapp apps now installs the app straight from the App Store
- Read our blog post to learn more